With music, humour and football, 88.5 Radio Super FM is the first and only FM Station designed specifically for the Advertiser. Our goal was to create the Ultimate Advertising Medium. As such we have created the advertisers' dream by providing a medium that gives the advertiser the most effective hits, effective exposure, returns and value for their advertising money.
To do this 88.5 Super FM radio station was designed to appeal to the largest segment of Uganda's money belt where 85% of all Uganda's disposable income is found.
Please find below the critical profile components of 88.5 Super FM that guarantee the success of any advertising campaign on 88.5 Super FM.
The core target audience for 88.5 Super FM is Luganda speaking and understanding people between the ages of 18 and 45 years of age. This audience has the most collective disposable income in Uganda. Our product is designed around the humour, great music and information that is relevant to this market.
Please note: Because of the intense cultural relevance in our product, listeners between the ages of 13 and 17 plus those over 46, are also targeted.
Using our powerful, modern Digital Transmitter, 88.5 Super FM currently covers Kampala, Entebbe, Bombo, Wobulenzi, Luweero, Mityana, Mpigi, Masaka, Mukono, Jinja, Iganga, Kamuli, Soroti, Mutukula, Kumi, Pallisa, Nakasongola districts and the whole Lake Victoria region.
88.5 Super FM is culturally relevant by design; making the product easy to understand, consume and relate to. The items of cultural relevance include,
1. Language: 80% of our core target audience speaks Luganda as their first language. 55% of the remaining 20% understand the language hence making it the most understood language to use.
2. Humour: Nothing grips people like good humour. We are the first radio to do Skits (short sit-coms) and the first radio station in Africa to do “Skit songs" (satirical humorous songs that are based on current affairs). These two products have made us the most popular vernacular radio station in Uganda. No radio is better at radio humour than 88.5 Super FM.
3. Music: We play only the hits that are relevant to our target audience
4. Interactive games
5. Explosive/Controversial Talk shows
6. Famous and popular broadcasters
7. Extremely Professional
1. Most Available Frequency at 88.5 Mhz
2. Strong clean Signal
3. Excellent mast location and height (135 meters above Kololo)
4. Very wide footprint (coverage)
1. New and innovative advertising tools and mechanisms
2. Massive Product Exposure
3. Least Cost per Product Exposure
4. Very Wide Footprint (coverage)
5. Product Exposure to emerging markets outside the urban areas
6. Zero Clutter (commit ourselves to 24 ads per hour)
7. Guaranteed 2,000,000 Product Exposure Opportunities (P.E.Os)